Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mind the Gap

For whatever reason I have really been missing London over the last week. On any given day I think of London or something in Europe at least three times but this last week it has been consuming my mind. There are so many good memories that I have from our crazy days across Europe so I decided to compile a list of my four favorite places to go in London.

(I just looked back over my blog and I saw that I already reminisced about London in one entry but I'm going to do it again because it is my blog and you don't have to read it if you don't want to.)

1. O'Neill's (Wardour Street)- In our first days of coming to London, we discovered that nearly every pub/bar closed at 11:30 because that was when the last tube ran. We were so disappointed until a bartender recommended O'Neill's because it stayed open until 4 am. Oh man if I had a nickle for every Strongbow I had at this place, I would have enough to fly back to London and live for a month. Though it was tricky at first because we didn't know how to use the bus system, O'Neill's provided us some much needed practice. To this day I can read a bus map, no matter how drunk I am. This was the host of some of the best nights out that I've ever had. We met tons of great people from all over the world and this was where I got my first raspberry to the cheek (eww!). 


2. Caffe Forum (Gloucester Road)- We probably hit up this amazing coffee shop at least 4 times a week. They have fabulous pizza for like £3 its thin and delicious. They also have the most amazing chocolate cake and if you ask them really nice they will microwave it and add ice cream to it, just ignore the look that says they think you are crazy. The original draw to this place was the fact that they were open 24 hours and we could come here after a crazy night at O'Neill's. By the end of our trip they not only knew us but they knew how we liked our pizza and how we like ice cream with our cake and had a pretty good idea if we were drunk or not.


3. The Muffin Man (Wright's Lane) You thought I was going to say Drury Lane didn't you? This is one of the most charming places that I visited while I was in London. It is in Kensington and though it doesn't look like much on the outside it is SO CUTE! They have delicious sandwiches, great tea (I hear) and absolutely amazing cupcakes!


4. Eclipse (Old Brompton Road) This was the swankiest bar I've ever been to. They have delicious cocktails that taste more like candy than alcohol, but they give you the feeling of alcohol. This is a great place to go and have one drink, however, we had like 20 between the five of us so things got a little expensive. I would totally recommend this bar for a special occasion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment