Saturday, October 16, 2010

Can I have a redo?

Okay so I am going to forgo being prideful and just admit that I locked my keys in my car today. It all happened so quickly, far too quickly for my common sense to kick in. I was reaching into my car to clean out the paper cups (because they were taking over the car) and on my way to the trashcan with an armful of trash, my elbow hit the door and it shut, not all the way but enough for it to be locked. As soon as I heard the click I knew I was in for a really long day. Panic set in when I realized that I also had my roommate, Maddy's keys and that theoretically I was stranded. I am going to spare you the details of a very long three hours from the time the door clicked to the time I sucked it up and called AAA agreeing to pay $35 for a two second service.

This is not the only example of stupidity. Just this week I washed an entire box of dryer sheets in the laundry, which for future reference may make you clothes smell like a field of flowers but is not worth trying to get all the little pieces of cardboard off your clothes. Sorry Maddy. I also lost my student ID and was forced to use my driver's license to turn in my Anatomy test. And my constant battle with my apartment to find my key.

But I tell you all this to finally admit...I make my life really difficult. About 30 times a day, when something crazy happens to me forcing me to spend ridiculous amounts of time and energy trying to fix something or find something or deal with something, I find myself asking "Why does this always happen to me?" Well God showed me today through some harsh words from my dad and roommate, "You are careless and clumsy and therefore you make your life a lot harder than it has to be." This is a problem I cannot fix on my own. I cannot make myself be more attentive or careful, trust me I've tried and I just fail miserably over and over. This is something that can only be fixed through the Grace of God. So I am praying that one day, with a lot of work, I am going to be able to go through life without any kinks in my day, or at least ones that I didn't cause myself.

1 comments:

Madeline

I love you cutie. Those are just words out of love for you. I'll always help you find your keys. Even at 7:40 in the morning.

Post a Comment