Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ready...Set...GO!

Nearly four and a half hours ago, I decided that I wanted to blog. Signing up was a piece of cake...all I had to do was enter my email and make up a password and promise that I'm at least 13. All in all it took about 2 minutes. For the other 4 hours and 28 minutes, I have been trying to find a pretty background for my blog. Crazy right?! I have traveled all over the world wide web searching for just the right template to make my blog beautiful because after all, that is what is most important! It was a hard task, there were so many to choose from and all the ones that I really loved were expensive...naturally. So I kept searching well into the night until at 4:15 am, I found the one. It was a decision that could not be taken lightly and therefore, I feel I gave it the time and energy it deserved. And now that I have chosen a background and my blog is looking absolutely fabulous, its time to get down to business.

Seeing this blog, you may ask yourself, "What could Emily possibly want to write a blog for? Everyday she gripes and complains about having to take English and curses every paper she has to write!"

So I guess I should explain myself. Because it is true that I hate English, I am through and through a science and math gal but blogging has a lot of appeal for me. First of all it is just one more thing that can distract me from having to do things like homework and anything else that I have to do. This is important, because if you are a chronic procrastinator like me, you know that sometimes you run out of things to distract you from what you should be doing. Therefore, this is a great addition to the long list of useless past time which include other greats such as facebook, words with friends, and stumbleupon.

Another reason that I have decided to start a blog is that I love to read other peoples'. I love to read the writing of people I know, to keep up with what's going on in their lives. I love reading blogs of people I don't know that live extraordinary lives that I could only dream of. I love reading recipe blogs and craft blogs and cupcake blogs. I love blogs. So, hey, why not jump on the bandwagon?! The funny thing is, I feel like my life has been consumed by blogs lately. You know how sometimes you can go months or years or your whole life without hearing a word and then within a week you hear it about 10 times? Something keeps popping into your life at random places and you start to wonder if it is more than just a coincidence? Well that's kind of what blogging has been for me lately. And being that I'm religious and I do not believe in coincidence, I thought that maybe God had a plan for me to write this so that I can understand Him better. I'm not suggesting that through this blog, I'm going to change the world. I probably won't be asked to write for the New York Times (that would be cool though, right?) but if that fabulous background is any indication, this is going to be spectacular!!!

Anyways, I'll just have to see where it leads me. Knowing myself and the sheer madness of my life, it may be a long and windy road. But I feel like I have already overcome the first two, huge obstacles: finding a layout and writing the first post! And so, now that I'm feeling accomplished (at least in the art of procrastination), I am headed to bed. Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment