Monday, October 11, 2010

Uh-Oh I've gone stupid!!!!

Okay so do not laugh. IT IS NOT FUNNY. I've got serious problems. For the last two days I have had episode after episode of total mindlessness and as a result, I fear I have become a danger to myself and my friends. So in an effort to dissect the cause and/or seriousness of this loss of brain function, I have decided to make a list of all the things that I have done that was less than brilliant in the last two days.

On Saturday, after a very long night the night before, I woke up and we all decided to order Jimmy Johns, so when it got here, I tore into my Dr. Pepper, only to discover that I did not have a straw. Ugh so I did want any dim-witted person might do and got a new cup to pour my drink into it so that I could drink it. And for those of you who were giving me the benefit of the doubt expecting me to immediately ask myself why I couldn't just take my lid off and drink my Dr. Pepper out of the Jimmy John's cup, I hate to disappoint you. I did not realize this mistake for a solid 30 minutes until Jill pointed it out to me.

If this were the only example, I would laugh at my inattention and move on but unfortunately it was just this beginning. Today I argued with 4 people about my phone be sitting right in front of me which of course it was. I have had multiple conversations where I literally completely forgot what we were talking about. And today when I was cooking my hot dogs on the George Formen (which someone of my intellegence is not qualified to use) I dropped them in the fat catcher not one but twice and blistered my finger when I picked up the hot dogs from the grill. Oh and trust me this is not all. The list can go on for about two days.

So I guess this is goodbye to my old clever self and hello to the new half-witted Emily. So if you see me in the street wandering down the median, unsure of where I am or where I'm going. Stop and lead me back to the sidewalk and try to help me home. If you see me trying to do something stupid like climb into the oven or eat my rabbit then try to help me along like you do a two year old. Try to have patience with me and remember either permanently or temporarily, this girl is about "24 cents short of a quarter".

1 comments:

Madeline

Oh my gosh. That last paragraph just made me laugh out loud, and you know I'm not in the laughing mood right now. I love you Emily Wemily. Even if, as of right now, you're 24 cents short of a quarter.

Post a Comment